Looking for a Place to Serve?
1 Peter 4:10
As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace:
Are you ready to activate your spiritual gifts in the Body of Christ? There are so many ways to do so at The Chapel in Green.
God has uniquely gifted each one of us so that we can be a part of furthering His kingdom. It is a responsibility but a tremendous joy when we get to do what we were created to do.
May 20 – Adventure Race
- help run registration/snack tables
- man different obstacle stations
- help with set up and tear down
June 13 – Amazing Chemistry Show
- rocket builders (one month prior)
- set up and tear down (some heavy lifting)
- man experiment tables (training provided)
- assist food service
July 13 – Family Night Under the Stars
- evening set up
- morning clean up
August 12 – Picnic & Car Show
- set up and tear down
- snow cone station
- face painting
Briarwood Outreach (all summer)
- food service (prep, serving, cleaning)
- set-up & tear down
- Women’s Bible Study
- Children’s Ministry
- Youth Ministry (sports)
- Garden Ministry
- Bike Repair Ministry
Backpack Outreach (late summer, date TBD)
- “personal shoppers” (assist participants)
- set up & tear down
- registration / check in table
The Stewardship Ministry team is all about helping people discover their gifts, manage their finances, and use their time to fulfill their calling as disciples of Jesus Christ. For every season of life, we offer multiple opportunities to equip and empower you to live as a good and faithful servant.
Ways to serve:
• Table leaders for our HSW (Healthy Spending Workshop)
• Tax preparers for our Tax Ministry
• Financial Counselors for one-on-one care, Financial Wisdom Forum, and Your Life + Legacy Estate Planning Workshop (training is provided)
We’re looking for volunteers who are willing to serve 1-2 times per month May-August. Serve alongside experienced leaders and try out Kids Ministry. You’ll see what at a joy it is to worship with kids! Your extra Sunday help will free some of our weekly leaders who serve all year long to take a Sunday off for travel as needed. Successful completion of application process is required. Previous VBS volunteer? You’re already approved, and we’d love to have you back!
- Check-in desk / Greeter
Other ways to serve:
Rock babies, change diapers, read prepared story and verse, care for babies and toddlers.
Be a friendly face to anyone entering the kids’ areas. Be extra hands as needed. No prep required and good for adults of any age.
Small group leader
Build relationships with kids in small groups using our curriculum guide and activities mixed with your gifts! The goal? Helping kids take their next step toward Jesus.
Small group assistant
Assist the small group leader as needed, helping oversee kids, build relationships, and reinforce Bible truths.
Prepare and tell the Bible story in an engaging way using the curriculum as a guide.
Run computers, lights, and sound in large groups (training provided).
Willing to serve on short notice for absent leaders, greeters, etc.
Wednesday Night Girls Chayil
Lead a small group of girls, assist as leader, or serve in a support role for our Wednesday night K-5th grade girls program.
Wednesday Night Boys Brigade
Lead small group of boys, assist as leader, or serve in a support role for our Wednesday night K-5th grade boys program.
Kids Ministry is always looking for wonderful people to serve in various areas.
Ways to serve:
Model and teach the love of Christ to our children and adults with special needs.
• Kids small group leader
• Adult small group leader
• Breathe: A respite night for families of children with special needs.
• Jesus Prom: A prom party for the special needs community.
Ways to serve:
Disciple a small group of students at a pivotal time of their lives.
• Middle School (6th-8th grade) small group leader
• High School (9th-12th grade ) small group leader
• Young Adult (18yrs-25yrs) leader
GSM Summer Internship 2018
Green Student Ministry is seeking applicants for the summer internship program! Applicants must be at least 18 years old, with a desire to pursue vocational ministry. Previous ministry experience preferred.
Ways to serve:
Spread joy by making someone feel seen and loved on a Sunday morning.
• Usher: Help direct people to available seats and help collect offering.
• Greeter: Open doors, smile and say hello, welcome someone into the sanctuary.
• Welcome Desk: Answer questions and direct as needed.