Everyone encounters financial problems from time to time and for various reasons. We seek to address those needs in a redemptive, personal, effective, and efficient way that honors God.
But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.
1 JOHN 3:17-18
And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.
Now the full number of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one said that any of the things that belonged to him was his own, but they had everything in common.
The Financial Care Fund is a budgeted fund made available to regular attenders who are struggling financially due to unforeseen or uncontrollable circumstances. This fund is intended as a source of last resort, to be used only after the person or family requesting assistance has explored all other possibilities of help from family, friends, savings, or investments. The Fund is intended to be a temporary help during a time of crisis.
While not a requirement for every situation, a person requesting assistance may be asked to receive financial counseling. The Financial Care Director may deny help to anyone where, in his/her estimation, the financial help would reinforce a negative or irresponsible behavior. A person requesting help must be willing to give the Financial Care Director permission to follow up on any of the information provided. We will be sensitive to confidential issues.
All persons seeking help must be an active participant within our church community, complete an application for each request, and meet with our financial care team.
The stated purpose of the Financial Care Fund is to meet people’s basic needs. This section lists some of the most basic needs, or circumstances, under which financial assistance may be disbursed from the Fund:
- Mortgages & Rents
- Utilities (lights, gas, water)
- cell phones*, pagers & cable TV are not eligible expenses (*Phones may be considered on a case by case basis)
- Medical treatment
- includes prescription drugs medically necessary for the treatment of an illness or injury
- Transportation to or from a place of employment
- Funeral Expenses
- May be considered for members, spouses, and children of members and for individuals for whom the member was “caretaker”.
- Financial assistance for counseling will be considered if it is perceived that counseling would directly enable the individual to address a current financial situation. In such cases, the Director will consult with the pastor to determine a specific amount.
Although not all-inclusive, below is a list of some needs that may not be met by the Benevolence Fund:
- School expenses (i.e. tuition or fees), business investments, or anything that brings financial profit to the individual or household applying
- Pay-off of credit cards
- Exceptions can be made when an individual has had to use a credit card in a crisis or emergency (e.g., hospitalization, death, etc.)
- Needs of individuals who are wanted by the law or for paying fines in accordance to breaking the law
- Legal fees
- Penalties related to late payments or irresponsible actions
- Private school fees or tuition
- Business ventures or investments
Applying for Assistance
1 – Fill out the online form by clicking the button below, or obtain a physical copy of the application from the Financial Care office. The application must be completed fully, all supporting documentation must be sent or given directly to the Financial Care office (Incomplete applications will not be processed). Please allow 2 weeks for processing.
2 – The application will be reviewed by the Financial Care Director. The Director may contact the applicant for additional information or to schedule a meeting. The Director may also contact utility companies, landlords, etc. to verify need.
3 – If the Financial Care Director determines that the applicant is eligible for assistance, he/she will make the applicant aware of the amount and how the funds will be disbursed.
Disbursement of Funds
All disbursements from the Financial Care Fund shall be made directly to the party or entity to whom payment is due (No funds will be given directly to the person or household requesting the assistance).