Kay Lynn Shetler
Chapel Kids Ministries exists to come alongside families to nurture the next generation in faith in Jesus Christ.
We do this by:
- By the power of the Holy Spirit for God’s glory alone
- By creating fun and relatable spiritual environments where children can personally respond to God
- By empowering and equipping parents as the primary spiritual nurturers
- By using Biblical, Christ-centered curriculum as a guide to help students connect to God, find their place in His Big Story, and respond to Him by the power of the Holy Spirit
- By empowering leaders to love and serve kids from birth through 5th grade, then helping kids transition into middle school ministry.
Chapel Kids: Birth – 5th Grade
Ministries to kids are in full force on Sundays and Wednesdays. Visit our Nursery, Preschool & Kindergarten and Elementary pages for more details. Parents or responsible parties are to remain on campus while children are involved in Chapel Kids ministries.
Families who have children with special needs are welcomed, accepted and loved. Visit our Special Needs page for more information.
Wendy Nowak, our Chapel Kids Ministry Director, would love to meet and welcome your family. Kay Lynn Shetler, our Chapel Kids Ministry Assistant, is happy to help answer any questions.
Events, Celebrations, & Worship
Each spring and fall, Chapel Kids offers a parent class for those wishing to dedicate a child. Child Dedication at the Chapel is an opportunity for parents to dedicate themselves to training and teaching a child about God’s word and about a relationship with Jesus Christ. Child dedication services are held on Saturday mornings twice a year, and families are encouraged to invite family members to this special celebration.
Several times each year we invite all the children into the worship center to join with adults and youth for Family Worship. Kids ministry is provided only for kids age 3 and under on these special days.
Families with a child wishing to be baptized should contact our Care Office to receive a schedule of baptism classes and information. The Chapel recommends that children be baptized at age 10 or older in order for them to better comprehend the meaning of baptism and the public proclamation of faith in Jesus. Our staff is willing to help families determine if their child is ready.
Through the year, our Family Ministry Team plans events that we believe will grow families spiritually, mentally, and relationally, and more. Events will be publicized in our Sunday bulletin, in handouts, on our website, on social media, and on e-screens through the building.