Carmen Beasley | Director of Women’s Ministry
When Dave and I first married thirty-three years ago, we had very little in the way of material possessions. Oh! For sure, we were blessed with some marvelously generous wedding guests who stocked us with dishes, pans, kitchen utensils, towels, and even three picnic baskets! Yet we had very little else. Furniture was scant. In fact, our first table was actually a cardboard moving box. We turned it upside down, threw a table cloth on top and voila! Instant dining room table! Do you think we minded not having any chairs? Nope! Not at all.
No one would think anything of two young, married “kids” using a cardboard box as a table. Romantics might even suggest, “How sweet!” The financially savvy might approvingly nod, “Good job! Way to wait and save until you can afford a decent table.”
However, imagine if thirty-three years and four kids later, Dave and I were still using that same old cardboard box as our dining table? Eyebrows might be raised. Undoubtedly, some would question, “Why are you two still living like paupers?”
And yet, isn’t that how we sometimes live as Christ-followers? Like spiritual paupers.
The reality is: We’re RICH! Through Christ, our heavenly bank accounts are FULL and overflowing with every spiritual blessing possible: adoption, justification, redemption, forgiveness, grace upon grace, wisdom, life, love, citizenship, inheritance, the Holy Spirit, and more!
That’s Paul’s message to the Ephesians. The first half of his letter reminds them just how wealthy they are. The second half of the letter suggests: In Christ, you are rich! Now walk worthy:
I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. (Ephesians 4:1-3)
Ladies, I can’t wait to share, discuss and encourage one another in this message within our upcoming SIMPLY BIBLE study of Ephesians. Please join us. Together let’s trade in our cardboard boxes and rags for God’s spiritual blessings and His armor of strength. We’ll learn to walk worthy, to tap into God’s unlimited spiritual bank account of love, humility, gentleness, patience, forbearance, unity, and peace, and apply God’s Word to our thoughts, words, and actions… and our relationships.
Here’s what other women had to say after last semester’s Galatians study:
- “Hope. No matter who you were, what you did, or where you were, it is about where you are now. Seeing the transformation in Paul is hope for everybody who is struggling.”
- “You cannot earn heaven. Being Catholic for 32 years, I always thought I had to be good enough and do enough right things. Galatians shows it has nothing to do with works. Christ is enough.”
- “This was my first inductive study and I am so grateful to Him to give me this opportunity. My relationship with Jesus has grown so much and I have love to give.”
- “The women at my table were so very genuine and inspired me not only with their knowledge of God’s word, but their love and concern for each of us.”
- “I did not know ANYONE when I came to the study and was welcomed with open arms. Grateful for their kindness!”
Our study is open to women of all ages and stages of life. We range from college students to grandmas, from women with zero Bible knowledge to seasoned students. It’s a great place to find friends, mentors, and support. Childcare is available.
For more information or to register, visit https://green.thechapel.life/ministries/adults/womens/ or contact Taylor Callahan, our Women’s Ministry admin, at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 330.315.5515.
Midweek opportunities also abound for men, students and children. Begin the new year growing with Christ and others!